STILL OPEN! South Croydon: Microsuction Earwax Removal Surrey CR2
NOVEMBER 2020: IMPORTANT LOCKDOWN NOTICE
Updated 3rd November 2020. As an Audiology Service, the Microsuction Ear Wax Removal Network is exempt from the requirement to close during the lockdown. This is specified in the most recent legislation The Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) (England) (No. 4) Regulations 2020 PART 3 Businesses permitted to remain open. 47: "Dental services, opticians, audiology services, chiropody, chiropractors, osteopaths and other medical or health services, including services relating to mental health."
We take strict measures, including triaging every single patient, checking temperatures, wearing high level PPE, enforcing the wearing of a Type iiR surgical mask (which we will provide if you don't have one), and sanitising surfaces. Due to these measures, our clinic rooms are the safest place you can be during the lockdown. Although some people are exempt from wearing face masks when entering a "shop", in the recent government legislation Audiology Services are exempt from the definition of shop, so everybody must wear a mask, which we will provide, for the protection of others, otherwise treatment cannot be provided. You can find the relevant legislation here. You can find the full legislation here.
What Is Microsuction?
At The Microsuction Network, we NEVER syringe or irrigate!
Simply put, microsuction is the removal of ear wax from the ear canal using illuminating microscopes and gentle medical suction. At our clinics we use ENT-grade suction units and portable convergent microscopes, as well as disposable, sterile suction tips. Microsuction is considered the safest method of ear wax removal, and our training and experience ensure you will have a very safe procedure.
When the ear wax is very tough, or if there is a foreign body in the ear canal, such as a cotton bud tip, or an ear plug which has become stuck, we may use instruments, which are specially designed for removing ear wax and other objects from the ear canal. All of our staff are trained and experienced at using instruments. You may also see instrument removal also called "curettage" or "aural toilet", but we think "instrument removal" sounds nicer.
Why Don't We Irrigate (Syringe)?
Irrigation uses a high pressure water jet to dislodge the wax from your ear. It's like a mini jet wash, and has been known to rupture the ear drum and cause facial paralysis. The electronic ear irrigator has largely replaced the more old fashioned ear syringe, but it still has the same basic problem that it uses a pushing force and can push hardened wax further into your ear. More commonly, if the procedure does not completely remove your wax blockage, wax and water can be trapped in the ear and lead to a painful ear infection.
Microsuction needs a higher level of training than irrigation, a good eye and a steady hand. Some clinics say they do microsuction, but use inferior methods and equipment and when the wax is deep in the ear they give up and irrigate. It does not matter who is operating an ear irrigator, it still carries the same inherent risk. So at the Microsuction Ear Wax Removal Network, we never irrigate. We will only use microsuction or manual instruments to remove your ear wax blockage.
If you are looking for great value private earwax removal in Croydon, our Surrey Micro Suction Earwax Removal Clinic can be found next to South Croydon Railway Station in Simply Osteo at
South Croydon: Microsuction Ear Wax Removal Surrey CR2 6EF
Our prices (see below) are the best value in Surrey!
Please note that treatment is by appointment only.
NB Our colleagues at the location are unable to take messages or book appointments.
Due to new Covid-19 guidance from our professional body, records must be kept of the triage of all patients prior to booking, and their consent to treatment after booking. In order to comply with this guidance, we have adapted our booking system to incorporate these forms. Please click here to make your booking and have your credit or debit card to hand.
If you are unable to use our self-service online booking system, you can take advantage of our "done for you" service and call us on 0800 1 337 987 instead.
What Happens At A Croydon Ear Wax Removal Appointment
You will find us in Croydon near to South Croydon Station:
There is a ten inch step up from the pavement, and a narrow corridor, so we regret that this clinic is not wheelchair accessible.
Nearby Microsuction Clinics include:
Due to high demand, microsuction ear wax removal in Croydon is strictly by appointment.
You can book a microsuction appointment in Croydon online here, or click on the Book Now button below.
Saturday Microsuction AppointmentsPrivate ear wax removal in London on Saturday is available at our out of hours clinic in Baker Street NW1 from 10am until 5pm.We also run a Saturday microsuction ear wax removal clinic in Oxford typically once a month.Please try to book by 5.30pm on Friday evening, as Saturday microsuction appointments are very popular. You can book online on the day as we sometimes have same day ear wax removal appointments available. Book online now to reserve your private microsuction appointment in one of our Saturday clinics.
On street parking is available in Jarvis Road or Newark Road.
Earwax Removal Croydon CR2 Map and Directions
Book your private earwax removal appointment in South Croydon, and say goodbye to ear wax!
Our private ear wax removal clinic in South Croydon provides ear wax removal services for clients in Croydon, Kingston-Upon-Thames, Tolworth, Thames Ditton, East Molesey, West Molesey, Hersham, Claygate, Chessington, Hampton Wick, New Malden, Norbiton, Worcester Park, Bushey Park, Teddington, Twickenham, Sunbury-on-Thames, Cobham, Oxshott, Stoke D'Abernon, Stoneleigh, Ewell, Epsom, Leatherhead and Feltham.
South Croydon Microsuction Prices - BEST VALUE IN Surrey
WE REGRET THAT DUE TO COVID-19 OUR PRICES HAVE GONE UP. IN ADDITION TO THE HIGH COST OF PPE, WE MUST NOW SET ASIDE AN ADDITIONAL MINIMUM OF 50% OF THE APPOINTMENT TIME TO DOFF AND DON PPE AND DECONTAMINATE SURFACES IN THE ROOM. WE HOPE YOU UNDERSTAND THAT THESE ADDITIONAL MEASURES ARE FOR YOUR SAFETY.
|One or Both||Normal Price||Online Discount||Online Price|
|One ear (or wax too impacted / no wax)**||See our new online booking system for prices and times|
|Both ears (or wax too impacted / no wax)**||See our new online booking system for prices and times|
|Upgrade from one to both ears||Upgrade from one to both ears no longer available due to strict guidelines on appointment times|
|**Consultation only (no wax present / wax too impacted)||If no wax is present, we will provide a complementary hearing test at a later date after the Covid-19 Pandemic|
36 hours notice required for alterations and cancellations or NO refund will be given.
Non-attendance is charged at the full price.
14 Interesting Facts About Croydon
- If you check the history of Croydon in Domesday Book in 1086, the town was inhabited by 365 people. It had a mill and a church.
- The first public railway in the world was opened in 1803 It was Surrey Iron Railway which connected Croydon to Wandsworth
- Fairfield Halls is considered as the major art venue in Croydon. There are many famous musicians and artists in the world who have appeared in the venue. Those include Coolio, Omid Djalili, Don McLean, James Last, BB King, Gladys Knight, and Robert Cray.
- Films shot in Croydon include The Da Vinci Code, Batman – The Dark Knight Rises, Iron Man 3 and 28 Days Later. St George’s Walk was also the set for an upcoming episode of
- Netflix’s popular TV show, Black Mirror, filmed in Croydon in Spring 2018
- Sir John Betjeman is British Poet Laureate who created two poems about the town. Both are “Love in a Valley” and “Croydon”
- Croydon is home to London’s fastest growing tech cluster
- London Croydon Airport was the UK’s first international airport. Celebrities including Charlie Chaplin, John F Kennedy and Rita Hayworth travelled through, Winston Churchill took flying lessons there and Amy Johnson took off from Croydon in May 1930 and became the first woman to fly solo from England to Australia. The airport, now grade II listed, has the world’s oldest air traffic control tower.
- Croydon has 84,000 young people under the age of 15, the largest number of any borough.
- Famous Croydonians include film director David Lean (Brief Encounter, Lawrence of Arabia, Doctor Zhivago), model Kate Moss, singer Kirsty MacColl, TV stars Noel Fielding and Sue Perkins and grime star Stormzy.
- It is often thought that dubstep, which is a now popular music genre among many, was born in Croydon. SGT Pokes from the DMZ dubstep label worked at the Black Sheep Bar before he went on to become famous.
- King Henry VIII is known perhaps predominantly for his numerous wives and savage beheading of a couple of them. He courted Catharine of Aragon when she was living in Croydon following the death of Prince Arthur, her first husband. However he did not seem to like the town. He is reported to have called it “rheumatic… where I could never be without sickness”.
- The Sainsbury's store in West Croydon was opened in 1882 and was Sainsbury’s first store outside central London and in 1950 became the UK’s first self-service supermarkets.
- The new shopping format, which was inspired by American food stores, was greeted with a mixed reception by shoppers who were at the time used to ordering their food from counters where it was packaged by a member of staff. There were reports at the time that one frustrated shopper annoyed at having to select her own shopping threw a basket at Alan Sainsbury, grandson of founder John James Sainsbury and the brains behind the introduction of self-service.