Surbiton: Microsuction Ear Wax Removal Surrey KT6
DECEMBER 2020: IMPORTANT LOCKDOWN NOTICE
Updated 20th December 2020. As an Audiology Service, the Microsuction Earwax Removal Network is exempt from the requirement to close due to the full lockdown and Tier 1-4 rules and restrictions. This is specified in the most recent legislation The Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) (England) (No. 4) Regulations 2020 PART 3 Businesses permitted to remain open. 47: "Dental services, opticians, audiology services, chiropody, chiropractors, osteopaths and other medical or health services, including services relating to mental health."
In addition, according to the Goverment's advice in Tier 4: Stay at Home - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk), while travel is generally to be avoided, you can travel
- within a Tier 4 area,
- from a Tier 4 area to a Tier 1, 2 or 3 area,
- or from a Tier 1, 2 or 3 area to a Tier 4 area
See our full announcement at https://www.earwaxremoval.net/4993/news/tier-4-covid-19-update-20th-december-2020/
We take strict measures, including triaging every single patient, checking temperatures, wearing high level PPE, enforcing the wearing of a Type iiR surgical mask (which we will provide if you don't have one), and sanitising surfaces. Due to these measures, our clinic rooms are the safest place you can be whatever Tier level or R rate. Although some people are exempt from wearing face masks when entering a "shop", in the most recent government legislation Audiology Services are exempt from the definition of shop, so everybody must wear a mask, which we will provide, for the protection of others, otherwise treatment cannot be provided. You can find the relevant legislation here. You can find the full legislation here.
What Is Microsuction?
At The Microsuction Network, we NEVER syringe or irrigate!
Simply put, microsuction is the removal of ear wax from the ear canal using illuminating microscopes and gentle medical suction. At our clinics we use ENT-grade suction units and portable convergent microscopes, as well as disposable, sterile suction tips. Microsuction is considered the safest method of ear wax removal, and our training and experience ensure you will have a very safe procedure.
When the ear wax is very tough, or if there is a foreign body in the ear canal, such as a cotton bud tip, or an ear plug which has become stuck, we may use instruments, which are specially designed for removing ear wax and other objects from the ear canal. All of our staff are trained and experienced at using instruments. You may also see instrument removal also called "curettage" or "aural toilet", but we think "instrument removal" sounds nicer.
Why Don't We Irrigate (Syringe)?
Irrigation uses a high pressure water jet to dislodge the wax from your ear. It's like a mini jet wash, and has been known to rupture the ear drum and cause facial paralysis. The electronic ear irrigator has largely replaced the more old fashioned ear syringe, but it still has the same basic problem that it uses a pushing force and can push hardened wax further into your ear. More commonly, if the procedure does not completely remove your wax blockage, wax and water can be trapped in the ear and lead to a painful ear infection.
Microsuction needs a higher level of training than irrigation, a good eye and a steady hand. Some clinics say they do microsuction, but use inferior methods and equipment and when the wax is deep in the ear they give up and irrigate. It does not matter who is operating an ear irrigator, it still carries the same inherent risk. So at the Microsuction Ear Wax Removal Network, we never irrigate. We will only use microsuction or manual instruments to remove your ear wax blockage.
If you are looking for great value private ear wax removal in Surbiton, our Surrey Micro Suction Ear wax Removal Clinic can be found next to Surbiton Railway Station at:
Surbiton: Microsuction Ear Wax Removal Surrey KT6
Our prices (see below) are the best value in Surrey!
Please note that treatment is by appointment only.
NB Our colleagues at the location are unable to take messages or book appointments.
Due to new Covid-19 guidance from our professional body, records must be kept of the triage of all patients prior to booking, and their consent to treatment after booking. In order to comply with this guidance, we have adapted our booking system to incorporate these forms. Please click here to make your booking and have your credit or debit card to hand.
If you are unable to use our self-service online booking system, you can take advantage of our "done for you" service and call us on 0800 1 337 987 instead.
What Happens At A Surbiton Ear Wax Removal Appointment
You will find us in Surbiton near to Surbiton Station.
Nearby Microsuction Clinics include:
Due to high demand, microsuction ear wax removal in Hinchley Wood is strictly by appointment.
You can book a microsuction appointment in Hinchley Wood online here, or click on the Book Now button below.
Saturday Microsuction AppointmentsPrivate ear wax removal in London on Saturday is available at our out of hours clinic in Baker Street NW1 from 10am until 5pm.We also run a Saturday microsuction ear wax removal clinic in Oxford typically once a month.Please try to book by 5.30pm on Friday evening, as Saturday microsuction appointments are very popular. You can book online on the day as we sometimes have same day ear wax removal appointments available. Book online now to reserve your private microsuction appointment in one of our Saturday clinics.
The nearest parking is in St Philips Road Car Park, which is just around the corner about a three-minute walk.
Ear Wax Removal Surrey KT6 Map and Directions
Book your private earwax removal appointment in Surbiton, and say goodbye to ear wax!
Our private ear wax removal clinic in Hinchley Wood provides ear wax removal services for clients in Surbiton, Kingston-Upon-Thames, Tolworth, Thames Ditton, East Molesey, West Molesey, Hersham, Claygate, Chessington, Hampton Wick, New Malden, Norbiton, Worcester Park, Bushey Park, Teddington, Twickenham, Sunbury-on-Thames, Cobham, Oxshott, Stoke D'Abernon, Stoneleigh, Ewell, Epsom, Leatherhead and Feltham.
Surbiton Microsuction Prices - BEST VALUE IN Surrey
WE REGRET THAT DUE TO COVID-19 OUR PRICES HAVE GONE UP. IN ADDITION TO THE HIGH COST OF PPE, WE MUST NOW SET ASIDE AN ADDITIONAL MINIMUM OF 50% OF THE APPOINTMENT TIME TO DOFF AND DON PPE AND DECONTAMINATE SURFACES IN THE ROOM. WE HOPE YOU UNDERSTAND THAT THESE ADDITIONAL MEASURES ARE FOR YOUR SAFETY.
|One or Both||Normal Price||Online Discount||Online Price|
|One ear (or wax too impacted / no wax)**||See our new online booking system for prices and times|
|Both ears (or wax too impacted / no wax)**||See our new online booking system for prices and times|
|Upgrade from one to both ears||Upgrade from one to both ears no longer available due to strict guidelines on appointment times|
|**Consultation only (no wax present / wax too impacted)||If no wax is present, we will provide a complementary hearing test at a later date after the Covid-19 Pandemic|
36 hours notice required for alterations and cancellations or NO refund will be given.
Non-attendance is charged at the full price.
11 Interesting Facts About Surbiton
- Surbiton lies with the Royal Borough of Kingston Upon Thames and next to the River Thames
- Formerly part of the ancient parish of Kingston Upon Thames in Surrey, it has been part of Greater London since 1965
- Founded originally as Kingston-upon-Railway during the Industrial Revolution, Surbiton possesses a mixture of grand 19th-century townhouses, Art Deco courts, and more recent residential blocks blending in with semi-detached 20th-century housing estates
- The two town centre parish churches, Saint Mark’s and Saint Andrew’s date back to the Victorian era
- Surbiton is famous for Surbiton Hockey Club, which was established in 1874, and is regarded as one of the best hockey clubs in the country.
- Surbiton is also the home to Surbiton Croquet Club, which is amongst the strongest croquet clubs in the country and, with seven lawns, one of the largest.
- In the mid-1870s the novelist Thomas Hardy (1840–1928) lived in a house called 'St. David's Villa' in Hook Road, Surbiton for a year after his marriage to Emma Gifford
- Surbiton is popularly remembered as an icon of suburbia in such British television programmes as The Good Life (starring Richard Briers, Penelope Keith, Paul Eddington and Felicity Kendal), though location filming was done in Northwood, North-West London
- Surbiton station features in the 2009 film version of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, with actors Daniel Radcliffe as Harry Potter and Michael Gambon as Albus Dumbledore. Filming took place in November 2007
- The guitarist and singer-songwriter Eric Clapton purchased one of his first guitars from a shop in Surbiton called Bells; the shop has since closed.
- The clock tower at Surbiton was built to celebrate the 1902 coronation of King Edward VII.